Oil Boiler Service
Book Your Oil Boiler Service Today
Fast Response, Reliable, Transparent Prices!
Covering Staffordshire & Cheshire Your Repair Plumbers have the experience and qualifications to carry out your oil boiler service today.
What will our fully qualified oil engineers do when servicing your oil boiler?
- Carry out an inspection of your oil storage tank and check for water contamination.
- Carry out an inspection of the oil line, filter & fire valve.
- Carry out an inspection and clean the flue ways.
- Clean the heat exchanger, combustion chamber and photocells. Report any defects.
- Carry out an inspection of seals and oil nozzle and replace if necessary.
- Carry out an inspection of the electrodes and adjust if necessary.
- Carry out inspection of fan & motor.
- Carry out an inspection of the oil pump and report on its condition.
- Carry out smoke and pressure testing to identify cleanliness of combustion.
- Complete a service report highlighting any recommendations.
This is just a sample each appliance may vary*
Why should I have my oil boiler serviced regularly?
Carbon Monoxide – With any oil boiler in Staffordshire & Cheshire, a lack of servicing will put you and your family at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
It is essential – that you have your oil boiler serviced and checked by a fully qualified engineer every year. This will help protect you and your family against carbon monoxide poisoning and could potentially save their lives.
Carbon monoxide is odourless, colourless and tasteless and can therefore be very hard to detect until it is too late.
Some of the most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include: • Feeling dizzy • Feeling tired • Feeling sick • Headaches • Being sick
We would advise you to also have a carbon monoxide detector installed.
Efficiency – Getting your oil boiler serviced every 12 months will ensure it operates at its most efficient. Which in turn will result in savings on your fuel bill and significantly reduce the risk of unexpected costly repairs.
We recommend that you have your oil boiler (and other oil fuelled appliances) serviced at least once a year or more frequently if the manufacturer of your appliance recommends it.
Failing to service your oil boiler regularly could cause many problems that will seriously reduce the efficiency of your boiler.
Here are a few:
- The oil nozzles on your boiler control the amount of oil that flows through the burner. Oil nozzles are classed as consumables. They will wear over time which will affect combustion and lower the boilers efficiency. If they aren’t replaced when they should be, it can cause soot formation on the inside of the heat exchanger. This is a direct result of excessive oil flowing through the burner.
- Partially burnt fuel deposits and excessive smoke causes soot to form inside the heat exchanger of the boiler, which restricts the volume of heat that is transferred into the water of the oil fired heating system.
- Worn Electrodes attract deposits and soot. Electrodes are what initiate the spark which lights the oil, electrodes in poor condition or worn electrodes mean your boiler could not light. This will cause problems with efficiency which will increase fuel costs, and also be in convenient to you.
- Deposits can cause the photocells to glaze over. The photocells detect whether the boiler has lit they are a crucial safety feature. Deposits can influence the photocells ability to detect the burner flame resulting in the boiler randomly shutting down. The more often your boiler is switched off and on the less efficient your boiler will be.
Oil Tank and Supply
During a service the oil tank and all pipes that supply oil should be visually checked.
All oil tanks need to be checked to make sure there is no water contamination, all parts should be inspected and any oil leaks reported and repaired, all filter parts should be replaced or cleaned.
Oil Boiler Service
All oil boilers and appliances need to be cleaned, inspected and have any parts replaced if necessary when the boiler is being serviced. Your boiler is more likely to breakdown if it is not serviced every year.
During the service we will clean your boiler which provides us with a chance to identify any other signs that that suggest that parts may need replacing. We will also check the combustion chamber and the condition of the material and welds.
Rust marks are common in the old type steel heat exchangers, these rust marks warn that the boiler will need to be replaced in the near future. By acting on these signs you will be able to plan the installation of your new boiler which is always cheaper and more convenient than hiring an engineer to replace your boiler on a reactive basis when the heat exchanger unexpectedly fails.
If your boiler is not serviced regularly long term damage becomes a high risk.
During combustion, deposits will build up inside baffles and the heat exchanger which if not removed will decrease the efficiency of your oil boiler. Over time, these deposits go hard and with some brands of heat exchanger make it impossible to remove the baffles without breaking them. New baffles will cost a lot more than keeping the existing ones clean.
Why Choose YourRepair?
- Card payments accepted
- Rapid Response
- 12 month Guarantee on all our work
- All our rates are 100% transparent
- All our staff are CRB (DBS) checked
- Friendly, uniformed staff, with visible identification
- Boiler Repairs
- Boiler Servicing
- Boiler Installs
- Fault Diagnosis
- Gas Repairs
- Gas Safety Reports (CP12)
- Emergency Repairs
- Power Flushes
- Thermostatic Valves
- Radiator Bleeding
- Radiator Leaks
- Radiator Installs
- Radiator Noise
- Immersion Heaters
- Central Heating Repairs
- Vented Cylinders
- Unvented Cylinders
- Central Heating Controls
- Central Heating Pumps
- Central Heating Installations
All Your Repair work is fully guaranteed for 12 months. Phone us today on 01270 747898 for more information or to get a FREE no-obligation quote.